From HOW eNews Issue 10, Volume 3|
Wyoming State Bee 2012
Wyoming Community Foundation with USA Touring your hosts for the Wyoming State Spelling Bee 2012 would like to check in with you and give you some additional information and some of the same information to make sure you understand how this years program will work for your students.
The Wyoming State Spelling Bee 2012 will take place March 17 at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel here in Casper. All detailed information is available to you once your school has registered for this years event at www.spellingbee.com. In order for your students to participate in the Wyoming State Spelling Bee 2012 program, your school must enroll with the Scripps National Spelling Bee at spellingbee.com by the December 16 deadline. This will also serve as your registration with the Wyoming State Spelling Bee 2012. (This date is an extension to the October 17 deadline that was in effect.)
When you enroll at spellingbee.com and pay the materials and enrollment fee of $109 (Homeschoolers are less), you will receive exclusive online access to:
• User name and password for a teachers-only area of spellingbee.com,
• Grade-specific word lists and study sheets for grades 1–8,
• Study materials for your school spelling champion,
• The 2012 Classroom Pronouncer Guide,
• The 2012 School Pronouncer Guide,
• From Encyclopedia Britannica, a free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value),
• From K12, a free PowerspeaK12 foreign language course (a $100–$165 value),
• Materials to conduct your Great American Spell Check fund-raiser,
• Award certificates, and
• Key information about your local spelling bee program.
We look forward to providing this wonderful opportunity to your students.
If you have any questions or need any information from me, please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Wyoming State Spelling Bee 2012 Organizer
Wyoming Community Foundation
Sr. Program Officer